For today’s blog in honor of #worlddoulaweek I’d like to share a list of things about me that I feel make me unique as a doula. You know why I became a doula but now it’s time to see how I use my special gifts and talents to provide the highest standard of support for you (my clients) and for all my fellow birth workers reading this who trust me as your mentor.
- I am an excellent listener.
- I am patient.
- I am intuitive.
- I accept your feelings, physical and emotional.
- I support all of your feelings.
- I want the best possible outcome for you and your family.
- I can help you understand your choices.
- I will present you with all the facts and options.
- I can help you weigh the risks and benefits.
- I will not make a choice for you or attempt to sway you with my beliefs.
- I know when to let you be alone so you can do it on your own.
- I can help you understand yourself so you’re more aware.
- I bring out your creative side.
- I love music but know when to enjoy the silence.
- I see you not as mother, father, colleague, or friend but as human.
- I have the highest regard for your life and dignity.
- My continuous support can improve your outcomes.
- I will make every attempt to help you achieve your goals.
- My knowledge as a music therapist can greatly enhance your relationship with music and help you more fully embrace your experience.
- I am professional and trustworthy.
- I am authentic and kind.
- I am here for you.
- I am Kate Taylor.
Let me know how I can serve you! Email today firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.birthmusic.net